Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Kickin' it off- better late than never!

YEAR OF DREAMS.  LIVE IT. BE IT. LOVE IT.


Alright, so it's definitely late February. The Year of Dreams has been in effect for nearly two months and it is too good not to be shared. The name is self-explanatory. This is the year that dreams come true. This is the year that things turn around. Why? Because it's the Year of Dreams.


2011 was a tough year. It was the year that was that like giant wrecking ball or bull-dozer you see on Extreme Makeover Home Edition. It cleared the way so that the Year of Dreams could be built.


For me (Rachael), it began with Jumping in January. I literally jumped out of a plane and figuratively jumped out of my comfort zone by proclaiming a deep love for my community that was always there but was always something that I was afraid to let out.






That lead to Face Your Fears February. Fears come in all different shapes and sizes. For me, I had/ve a fear of running. A fear of not being fast enough or good enough and also of hating it and giving up. This kept me from starting a running routine for years/ever. But since it was/is Face Your Fears February, I did it anyway. And I'm still doing it. And in May, I will be running a 10K in honor of Cade, who I love to the moon and back.  If you want to join the run, you can sign up here:


JOIN TEAM CADE!! 


Another general fear is a fear of love. Valentines day is also in February. I've never been one to be depressed about the single life. In fact, I've never really even thought past that since anything else brings up all sorts of insecurities and fears. But this year, I had the best Valentines day I have ever had. I embraced the idea of love and, although it was spent with my amazing single friend (which included a candlelight dinner of Spaghetti and wine and, of course, laughing), we made it special by writing letters to our future husbands. Fear turned to excitement and anticipation and a newfound appreciation for life as a single woman, preparing for a one-day God-given gift of marriage.


Another Face Your Fears endeavor came in the form of a documentary called Forks Over Knives. DON'T WATCH IT! But do. It will make you want to never eat another animal product again. And so....for lent- which, by the way I have NEVER participated in and even had to look up the significance of....I am going Vegan. Luckily, I have some good friends participating, too. Oh and I'm giving up cussing, too. We'll see how this goes.


Here's the Trailer for the movie you SHOULD(n't) watch:








And so comes the charge: JOIN THE YEAR OF DREAMS! You've got another week to Face your Fears! What are you scared of? Why? FACE IT. Jump, Love, Speak, Run, Whatever!




Next month is MAKE IT HAPPEN MARCH! What have you been putting off? Think about it. March is the month to make it happen.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Rachel. I'm adding this to my blog this week. I'm also gonna have Peter make a button for blogs I get to participate. I'm gonna make this happen and I'm making you the "mockingjay"

    ReplyDelete